Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam, journal of the Faculty of Islamic Studies Wiralodra Universyty Indramayu Indonesia, which was first published in 2008 and online since the publication year of 2013. It was firstly named Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam published be-annual, February and Agustus. It concern in the development of education and Islamic studies. Editors appreciately welcome all public especially academics, researchers, and educators to donate their intellectual dedication in the form of articles to be published in this journal which is original and has not been published in any media.
How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), the affiliation, and email address of the author, should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation and email address is one space, between the email address and abstract tittle is two space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words.
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separatedly with two spaces. If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing.
The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The article has never been published and is the result of research
- Recommended to write the article using Mendeley Software as its reference management
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) on the Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam e-journal portal (https://jurnal.faiunwir.ac.id/index.php/Jurnal_Risalah) choose only one procedure. Then, register as one of the author or reviewer in the “Register” bottom.
- the article is written within 5.000 to 6.000 words by appling the Chicago Manual of Style 17th Edition (full note)
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. The template and the guidelines of the article writing are available in MS Word (.doc) format.
- The authentic research manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the author’s affiliation, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research findings and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The study result manuscript should contain as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the author’s affiliation, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) subtitles (as required) (h), the conclusion (i), the references.
- The writen article can use Indonesian language, English language, and Arabic language using the standar of academic writing.
- the article submitted would be categorized into accepted, revised, and rejected.
The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in the capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by with three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advices. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advices contain suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
Bibliography: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should has at least ten references.
References (Subhead 1: Constantia, Size 11, Capitalize Each Word, Bold)
References should relate only to the material you cited within your article (this is not a bibliography). References should be in Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition and listed in alphabetical order. Please do not include any abbreviations. Any additional references should be included in an Additional Reading section. For more information and examples on properly citing sources in APA style, please see Journal of Islamic Education’s Chicago Citation Guidelines.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all information in your paper that is taken from another source is substantiated with an in-text reference citation. Please also note that your references must strictly follow the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition.
NOTE: The publisher may return your article to you for correction if you do not correctly format your references. Note that this will delay the production process, and ultimately, the release of the book.
References should relate only to the material you cited within your article (this is not a bibliography), and they should be listed in alphabetical order. Please do not include any abbreviations.
While some examples of references in the Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition are included below, it is highly recommended that you reference an actual Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition. If you do not own a Chicago Manual of Style 16th Edition manual, you should use Management Reference (Mendeley or Zotero)
Book with one author:
Last name, First name. Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher, Year.
Murtadlo, Muhammad. Dinamika Sejarah Madrasah di Asia Tenggara. Jakarta: UIN Jakarta Press, 2018.
Muhammad Murtadlo, Dinamika Sejarah Madrasah di Asia Tenggara (Jakarta: UIN Jakarta Press, 2018).
Book with two authors:
Last name, First name, and First name Last name. Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher, Year.
Hardaker, Glenn, and Aishah Ahmad Sabki. Pedagogy in Islamic Education: The Madrasah Context. United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing Limited, 2018.
Glenn Hardaker and Aishah Ahmad Sabki, Pedagogy in Islamic Education: The Madrasah Context (United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing Limited, 2018).
Book with more than two authors:
Last name, First name, and First name Last name. Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher, Year.
Uluhanli, Leyla, Renata Holod, and Prince Amyn Aga Khan. Mosques: Splendors of Islam. United States: Rizzoli, 2017.
Leyla Uluhanli, Renata Holod, and Prince Amyn Aga Khan, Mosques: Splendors of Islam (United States: Rizzoli, 2017).
Last name, First name. “Title of work.” Journal Name, Edition Number, Issues Number (Year). Pages.
Sumarni, Sri. “Contextualization of Wasathiyah Values in Haji Sulong’s Thoughts for Islamic Education Renewal in South Thailand.” Jurnal Pendidikan Islam (JPI) 7, no. 1 (2018).265-287.
Sri Sumarni, “Contextualization of Wasathiyah Values in Haji Sulong’s Thoughts for Islamic Education Renewal in South Thailand,” Jurnal Pendidikan Islam (JPI) 7, no. 1 (2018), doi:dx.doi.org/10.14421/jpi.2018.71.265-287.
A publication in press:
Last name, First name. (in press) “Title of work.” Journal Name.
Hussin, N.H., and A.H. Tamuri. (in press) “Embedding values in teaching Islamic education among excellent teachers.” Journal for Multicultural Education.
N.H. Hussin, and A.H. Tamuri. (in press) “Embedding values in teaching Islamic education among excellent teachers.” Journal for Multicultural Education.
Last name, First name, ed. Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher, Year.
Hefner, Robert W., ed. Making Modern Muslims: The Politics of Islamic Education in Southeast Asia. United States: University of Hawaii Press, 2008.
Robert W. Hefner, ed., Making Modern Muslims: The Politics of Islamic Education in Southeast Asia (United States: University of Hawaii Press, 2008).
Chapter in an edited book:
Last name Author Section, First name Author Section. Title of Section. In Title of Book, by Author Book. Location/City, State: Publisher, Year.
Aphornasuvan, Thanet. ‘Nation-State and the Muslim Identity in the Southern Unrest and Violence.’ In Understanding Conflict and Approaching Peace in Southern Thailand, by Imtiyaz Yusuf and Lars Peter Schmidt. Bangkok: KAS, 2006.
Hanet Aphornasuvan, ‘Nation-State and the Muslim Identity in the Southern Unrest and Violence’, in Understanding Conflict and Approaching Peace in Southern Thailand, by Imtiyaz Yusuf and Lars Peter Schmidt (Bangkok: KAS, 2006).
Last Name, First Name. Title of Work. Publisher. Edition Number, Issue Number (Year): Pages.
Murfi, Ali, and Fitriyani. ‘Islam Nusantara: Religion Dialectic and Cultural for Pluralism-Democratic Society’. KnE Social Sciences 3, no. 5 (23 May 2018): 44–52.
Ali Murfi and Fitriyani, ‘Islam Nusantara: Religion Dialectic and Cultural for Pluralism-Democratic Society’, KnE Social Sciences 3, no. 5 (23 May 2018): 44–52.
Unpublished doctoral dissertation or master’s thesis:
Last Name, First Name. Title of Work. Type, University, Year.
Arifin, Zainal. ‘Islam Di Temboro Model Kepemimpinan Dan Strategi Kebudayaan Jamaah Tabligh Dalam Pembentukan Karakter’. Dissertation, UIN Sunan Kalijaga, 2017.
Zainal Arifin, ‘Islam Di Temboro Model Kepemimpinan Dan Strategi Kebudayaan Jamaah Tabligh Dalam Pembentukan Karakter’ (Dissertation, UIN Sunan Kalijaga, 2017).
A presented paper:
Author. Title of Work. Presented at Meeting Name, Place, Year.
Suwendi. ‘Penguatan Layanan Publikasi & Penelitian’. presented at the Pelatihan Publikasi Jurnal Ilmiah, Ruang Rapat Rektorat Lama UIN Sunan Kalijaga, 2018.
Suwendi, ‘Penguatan Layanan Publikasi & Penelitian’ (Pelatihan Publikasi Jurnal Ilmiah, Ruang Rapat Rektorat Lama UIN Sunan Kalijaga, 2018).
Last Name, First Name. Title of Work. Websites Name, Year. URL.
Rabasa, Angel. ‘Islamic Education in Southeast Asia’. Hudson Institute, 2005. http://www.hudson.org/research/9814-islamic-education-in-southeast-asia.
Angel Rabasa, ‘Islamic Education in Southeast Asia’, Hudson Institute, 2005, http://www.hudson.org/research/9814-islamic-education-in-southeast-asia.
The Guidelines for the Citations and References
Author may cite several articles from Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam. All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. The references should use a reference application management such as Mendeley or Zotero. The writing format that used in Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam follows the format applied by Chicago Manual Citation Style: 16th Ed (full note).
The Guidelines for the Literature Reviews
The literature reviews should use a reference application management such as Mendeley or Zotero. The writing format that used in Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam follows the format applied by Chicago Manual Citation Style: 16th Edition (full note).
The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure is more preferable):
- The document should submitted by Online Submission System in the Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam e-journal portal.
- Firstly, the author should register as either an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register”.
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact Risâlah, Jurnal Pendidikan dan Studi Islam editorial team at WA: +6281259777198 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Open Office or Microsoft Word document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.